Soya Malai(cream) Chaap

Well, finding food which is not familiar to me, was quite a difficult task for me because I have tasted almost every healthy food whether it is available in my town or cooked at my home. So it took almost 2 days for me to decide the final food for my blog. Then I chose two foods one is Soya Malai(cream) Chaap and the other one is Yam. Unfortunately, yam was not available in the market for many days. Then I chose Soya Malai(cream) Chaap. Although this is a common food in my country, I never taste it because I was misguided by one of my friends when I was in 7th standard who said to me that Soya Malai (cream) chaap is bad for our health. That is why I always tried to avoid this food before this blog. Nevertheless, when I researched on the internet I got to know that this food consists of lots of carbs and protein. As I am gymaholic person, I need protein and carbs for my growth. So I think this food will help me a lot in the future.
Hardeep (22 June Tuesday)

First time tasting Soya Malai(cream) Chaap.

Hardeep (22 June Tuesday)

                                                                                    Hardeep (22 June Tuesday)  

How does this food appeal to the five basic tastes - salty, sweet, sour, bitter, and umami?

Salty: The dish contains a moderate amount of salt. The salt was perfectly balanced with other ingredients.

Sweet: Due to creaminess in this Soya Malai(cream) Chaap the sweet affinity of the dish enhances well and gives a far better sweetness to it.

Sour: In this dish addition of lemon is exceptional, but, I have added it so it gives a lemon zesty flavor which generates sourness in the dish.

Bitter: There is no sign of bitterness in this dish.

Umami: Due to the presence of protein, the chaap itself gives a significant umami flavor that lasts long. Soya chaap is also an alternative to meat and chicken for vegetarians.

Use your sense of taste, smell, sight, hearing, and touch; what do you observe with each?

Taste: It was my first encounter with Soya Malai (cream) chaap and it tasted uniquely different to me. As the first bite of the dish burst in my mouth with so many flavors like creamy, sweet, salty, and umami. It provides me overwhelming taste.

Smell: When this dish served hot because of many flavors and particularly (fruit chaat masala), its aroma enhances and provides fantastic trace to it.

Sight: The plating of the dish was perfect and temptatious that I could not resist having it. It has white foggy color due to cream and spices.

Hearing: The addition of hot butter to this tandoori creamy(malai) chaap gives the sparkling poppy hearing effects to it.

Touch: The raw chaap itself has a soft touch to it and after combining with cream it enhances the smoothness of the chaap. Also, the onions give a crunchy body to the dish.

Are there relatable or similar flavors that you detect?

To be honest, this food similar lot to chicken, I was amazed when I ate this because it carries a similar texture. For instance, I had covered my brother's eyes with a piece of cloth and I let him taste this dish. He was unable to judge whether it is chicken or Soya Malai Chaap.

How is this food unique?

Well, there are many reasons why Soya Malai Chaap is unique. First of all, it is a pure veg dish. Every person can eat this. Also, the preparation of Soya Malai Chaap is different from other food. As it is quite similar to meat, it is cooked on a barbeque too. Moreover, we do not need many ingredients for this recipe. We can make it easier. One thing which is most fascinating for me is its nutrition facts. Undoubtedly, we can say that it is the best food for vegetarian people who want to grow their muscles.

What did you learn about your palate?

From my palate I can learn various skills like the tasting of food in diverse ways, experiencing the flow of tasting the food in a totally new way, my palate also helps me to recognize the taste of food which I have tasted for the first time and by this I can develop my sensory evaluation in a better way.

Did you enjoy this food?

Yes, I enjoyed this food because as I mentioned before it was delicious food and consists of lots of nutrition facts. Not only I tasted this food my brother also tasted it for the first time and we were surprised how this food is unique and similar to meat.

Would you eat it again? Why or why not?

Obviously, I would like to taste it again and now I deem that it will be part of my diet because this food is a great source of protein which is necessary for me to build my muscle. Ultimately, it will be made it easier for me to cover my protein requirements.

Are there certain flavors you find more or less appealing?

As I tasted this dish first time all the flavors blends together in a fine distinction that no taste is more or less appealing. It is an example of a perfectly presentable dish.

How has this experience changed the way in which you will taste, analyze and use foods in your cooking?

Earlier when I ate the food it was just for fulfilling my desire to eat it however from this experimental blog the scenario of judging the food or dish totally changes for me. Now I can recognize more flavors individually and can know the real taste of food. 

So this is the end of my sensory evaluation blog. If I put anything wrong in this blog please forgive me because I am new in this field 😊.

Thank you so much!
Hardeep Singh
https://unsplash.com/images/events/thank-you




References:






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diets and Dietary Restrictions

Carbohydrates and Added Sugars.